Thanks to the advancements in technology, there are now many treatments and procedures to help you achieve softer and younger-looking skin. Among these procedures, one of the most popular is microneedling, or skin needling.
It is a minimally invasive treatment wherein a device with tiny and shallow needles is used to cause small punctures on the skin. This triggers a wound healing response and prompts the skin to produce collagen. Additionally, the device applies vitamins and active ingredients to the surface of the skin, and the holes allow these ingredients to enter the deepest layers.
This cosmetic procedure is done to treat common issues like acne scars, wrinkles, open pores, pigmentation, and other signs of aging. Microneedling is a fast, comfortable, and effective procedure, but there are steps you can take to achieve the best results and help your skin recover quickly. Consider the following information:
Before the procedure
Once you have set the date for your procedure, follow these pre-treatment instructions to ensure a smooth and effective microneedling procedure:
- Do not take any anti-inflammatory medications, such as ibuprofen or Advil, three days before your appointment. The inflammatory process that happens after the treatment stimulates skin rejuvenation, so don’t take any medications that will interfere with this.
- Do not do anything to your skin on the same day of your procedure that can possibly cause skin irritation, like shaving. If you must shave, do so the day before.
- Bruising is common after microneedling, so it’s best to avoid blood-thinning agents for a week before the procedure.
After the procedure
Condition yourself as early as now because your skin can look unsightly right after microneedling. After thousands of tiny punctures on your face, your skin will naturally have some redness and slight bruising, and that is completely normal!
This is why you must take good care of your skin to help it heal faster and achieve the best results. Here are some points you have to remember:
- To treat your face that feels dry or sensitive to touch, wash with a gentle cleanser and cool water four hours after the treatment.
- When heading out, always wear sunscreen and avoid direct sunlight exposure.
- Continue to avoid any anti-inflammatory medications after the procedure, and let the natural inflammatory process go on.
- Avoid exercising or doing activities that cause sweating.
- Never pick, scratch, or scrub your skin after the treatment. Expect dryness and flaking three to five days after your treatment, and allow it to flake off naturally and keep it moisturised.
Once you feel that the irritation has gone, you can resume with your usual skincare regime. Also, to achieve the best results, it is recommended that you follow up on your treatments every four weeks or more.
If you haven’t tried it yet, microneedling could be the next best thing to happen to your face. It is beneficial in reversing and preventing the signs of aging and helps your skin look healthier! Although the idea of having needles puncturing your skin may seem painful, this treatment is fast and totally safe, and it will be worth your time and money.
Aside from caring for your skin before and after the treatment, the best way to achieve that youthful glow is to find authorised and skilled microneedling technicians.
For a safe and innovative skin needling in Perth, get in touch with us at Peace in a Pod today. Our microneedling treatment uses the Nanopore device to deliver a fast and comfortable treatment and ultimately help you get that healthier-looking skin!